Snowflakes 101 – A Beginner’s Guides to Capturing Snowflakes
This Tech Talk was presented on January 21, 2021 by Kersti Meema. The following is a summary of what was presented and is intended to get you started on photographing snowflakes.
What you need:
- Camera with macro lens (or lens with macro capability)
- Remote trigger
- Glass plate (the glass from an old picture frame works well – cover edges in duct tape)
- Falling snow! Temperatures of -8 oC to -5oC work well.
- Extension tubes (optional)
- Sharpening software – I used Topaz Sharpening AI (optional)
How to: Click on: Snowflakes 101 to see the PowerPoint Presentation with all the images.
LET IT SNOW!